Best Names in Sports
Bubba Watson won the Masters Sunday. How does a guy named Bubba win the most prestigious tournament in golf? Twice? It seems something more befitting of a guy named Charles Howell III. This dichotomy got me thinking about some other great names in sports history. Here are my votes for the 10 best:
10. Coco Crisp – MLB OF. Real name Covelli.
9. Misty Hyman – Olympic swimmer. Yeah…
8. God Shammgod – NCAA and NBA Basketball. Obviously his parents expected great things.
7. Fabian Assmann - Soccer player. Knows what he likes.
6. Ben Gay – NFL RB. Benjamin Gay Jr. Could have gone with BJ… wait, Benjamin.
5. Picabo Street – Alpine ski racer. Idaho’s own named herself at age 3.
4. Sonny Sixkiller – NCAA football. It pains me to include a Husky but what an awesome handle.
3. Majestic Mapp / Scientific Mapp – NCAA basketball. Two for one fun with the Mapp brothers.
2. Harry Colon – NFL DB. Before it was cool for men to shave.
1. Dick Trickle - NASCAR driver. Faster than he sounds.
Look before you leap parents. Got to run, my daughter Anita just woke up…