The Idaho Steelheads Host Utah
The Idaho Steelheads opened the season with a weekend split against the Norfolk Admirals at CenturyLink Arena
The Steelheads continue their season-opening home stand this week with games against the Utah Grizzlies Wednesday and Friday. Idaho then hits the road for a Saturday game at Utah.
Meantime here are some player notes from the season opening series with Norfolk.
- F Tommy Thompson scored his first goal as a Steelhead on Saturday and has three points (1-2-3) in Idaho’s first two games.
- F Justin Parizek, D Eric Sweetman, and D Shane Hanna all earned their first professional points on Saturday, with Parizek scoring his first professional goal and Sweetman and Hanna registering assists.
- F Steve McParland scored his fourth shorthanded goal in 65 career professional games on Saturday.
- The forward line of Mitch Moroz, Jefferson Dahl, and Henrik Samuelsson combined for five points on Opening Night.
- F Jefferson Dahl’s next goal will be his 58th as a Steelhead, moving him into sole possession of fourth-place on Idaho’s all-time ECHL goal-scoring list