Boise State Sweeps MWC Swim And Dive Honors
Boise State junior Robin Pinger and freshman Marti Erlam have swept this week's Mountain West Swimmer and Diver of the Week honors.
The pair helped the Broncos to two victories this past week, including a victory over the five-time defending Western Athletic Conference champion Northern Arizona Lumberjacks.
Pinger won every event she swam in the two days, while Erlam took first on the 3-meter springboard and placed third on the 1-meter.
This is Pinger's first swimmer of the week honor, while it is Erlam's third this season.
Pinger's Highlights Versus NAU
- Robin Pinger was a major impact for Boise State versus the Lumberjacks over the weekend by winning every race she competed in for a total of five titles, four individual and one relay.
- She would have been apart of six titles overall but with the meet already in hand on Friday the Broncos swam all three of their 200 free relay teams as exhibitions, Pinger's team swam the fastest time in the race of six squads clocking a 1:33.43, 10th best time in the MW this season.
- She won two individual races on Friday during the first meet winning the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:03.27 for the 22nd best time in the conference this year.
- The second race she won on Friday was the 100 breaststroke clocking a 1:02.49 for the 14th best time in the MW this season and the second-best time in her career.
- In Saturday's meet versus NAU Pinger won all three races she competed in starting with the 100 individual medley, a race rarely ran in NCAA meets, with a time of 56.24 which was a personal best.
- The second race She captured the title in was the 50 breaststroke, another rarely ran race, in a time of 29.06 for her second-best career time in the event.
- Pinger closed the meet by anchoring the 400 freestyle relay that won the race with a time of 3:27.12, the 14th-best time in the MW this season, her time of 50.07 was the best of anyone else in the race among the six teams competing.
Erlam's Highlights Versus NAU
- Marti Erlam turned in another strong performance for a freshman helping Boise State to a pair of victories over NAU last weekend winning the 3-meter springboard and placing third on the 1-meter.
- On Friday the divers competed only on the 3-meter springboard where Erlam won the event with a 316.73, her second-best score at Boise State and the sixth-best in the MW this season.
- On Saturday Erlam scored a 285.68 on the 1-meter springboard to take third place, her third-best score of the season in the event and the 13th-best in the MW this year.
- Her first and third place results were the best overall for one diver in the meets with NAU for either team.
- Both scores are NCAA Zone Qualifying scores.