Steelheads Rush to Rapid City
The Idaho Steelheads continue to play of the road this week with three games at Rapid City.
This will be the first meeting of the year between the Steelheads and the Rapid City Rush...Game 1 is tomorrow night and then the two teams play again Friday and Saturday.
The Steelheads have earned at least a point in six of their last seven contests (3-1-3), while the Rush enter Wednesday’s series-opener with four straight victories.
Meantime here are some updates on players and team highlights.
- F Brady Brassart is currently on a seven-game points streak, matching his career-best
- F Justin Parizek has yet to go more than one game without a goal this season.
- Parizek ranks tied for 3rd among rookies in points (13) and tied for 2nd in goals (7)
- F Jefferson Dahl has recorded three goals and seven points over the last five games.
- F Steve McParland has five goals in the past six games.
- F Henrik Samuelsson has five goals in the past seven games
- D Cody Corbett has three multi-point games in his last five outings.
- The Steelheads earned their first road win and their first win beyond regulation on Saturday.
- Idaho has scored power play goals in five of the last seven games.
- The Steelheads have scored three shorthanded goals, tied for third in the ECHL
- The Steelheads gave up four power play goals on Saturday, their most given up in a game since 1/12/13 vs Bakersfield
- Idaho leads the ECHL with 86 minor penalties
- The Steelheads are one of two teams in the ECHL ranked in the top-5 in average shots for and shots against per game.
- Idaho is 15-8-2 all-time against the Rush.